Black Bean-Brown Rice Patties
We like to serve these patties with romaine (drizzled with olive oil and squeezed with lime), sliced avocado and red onion, and fresh cilantro leaves.
Whole Living, January/February January/February 2013
- 1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 Tbsp flaxmeal
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Pulse ingredients in a food processor until combined and season with salt.
- Divide mixture into six portions and form into one-inch-thick patties. Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and bake until tops are golden and crisp, about 20 minutes.
Refrigerate patties in an airtight container up to 3 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.