Roasted Beets on Greens
Whole Living, January/February January/February 2013
- 2 bunches trimmed beets
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach, divided
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, divided
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Wrap beets in foil and roast until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool, then peel and dice.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic, and fennel and caraway seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with beets.
- For each serving, toss 1 cup dressed beets with 1 cup spinach and 1/4 cup parsley. Season with salt and pepper and top with onion.
Refrigerate marinated beets in an airtight container up to three days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.