Cardamom Quinoa Porridge
Whole Living, January/February January/February 2013
- 1/2 cup rinsed quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 sliced pear, divided
- 4 Tbsp toasted sliced almonds, divided
- In a saucepan, bring quinoa, 3/4 cup almond milk, water, vanilla, salt, and cardamom to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest five minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- For each serving, top 1/2 cup quinoa with 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 sliced pear, and 2 Tbsp almonds.
Refrigerate cooked quinoa in an airtight container up to 3 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.