Baked Sweet Potato with Greens
Whole Living, January/February January/February 2013
- 2 pricked sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced small onion
- 1 stemmed and chopped bunch Swiss chard
- Coarse salt
- 1 sliced avocado, divided
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Bake sweet potatoes until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Add chard and cook, stirring, until bright green and wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with salt.
- To serve, split potatoes and top each with the greens and 1/2 sliced avocado. Season with cayenne, salt, and a squeeze of lemon.
Refrigerate potatoes and greens in an airtight container up to two days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.