Banana-Apple Buckwheat Muffins
Whole Living, January/February January/February 2013
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp coarse salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 finely diced (peeled and cored) sweet apple (such as Honeycrisp)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place four baking cups in a muffin tin.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, banana, and honey. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry, then fold in apple and walnuts.
- Fill the batter to the tops of the lined cups and fill remaining cups halfway with water.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
Store muffins in an airtight container up to 2 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.