Stuffed Acorn Squash
Whole Living, January/February January/February 2013
- 1 halved and seeded acorn squash
- 3 Tbsp plus 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 diced large onion
- 1 tsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup cooked white beans
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 2 Tbsp chopped toasted hazelnuts, divided
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Brush squash with 1 tsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast cut side down until tender, about 30 minutes. Flip and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until tender, about 6 minutes. Add sage, thyme, beans, quinoa, and kale. Cook, stirring, until greens wilt, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide stuffing between squash halves and roast until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- For each serving, sprinkle with 1 Tbsp hazelnuts, drizzle with 1 Tbsp oil, and squeeze with lemon.
Refrigerate stuffed squash in an airtight container up to three days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.