Poached Egg with Rice and Edamame
Whole Living, January/February January/February 2013
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 sliced clove garlic
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen edamame beans
- Coarse salt
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 large egg
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add kale and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add edamame and cook until heated through. Season with salt. Transfer to a bowl with rice and top with cabbage.
- In a small pot, bring 2 inches water to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Crack egg into a teacup and gently slide into water. Cook until white is just set but yolk is still loose, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and serve over rice and vegetables. Season with salt and red pepper flakes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.