Garlic-Cilantro Pesto Sauce With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Whip up this easy pesto, and you have instant sauce for pasta, fish, chicken, or even pizza.
Body+Soul, April/May 2005
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/4 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons (about 1 ounce) dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chili pepper, minced
- Salt, to taste
- Spread crushed walnuts on a baking sheet and bake in an oven heated to 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- In a food processor or blender, combine walnuts, garlic, cilantro leaves, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, Parmesan cheese, and chili pepper. Puree until smooth, adding more olive oil if needed until the pesto reaches desired consistency. Season with salt.
- Put pesto into a small container; cover tightly. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.